Saturday, January 10, 2009

What's new pussycat?

Wow, nothing since Christmas...yikes. Here's a bullety-point list of what's been going down in island-town...

- Christmas day at the beach, it was parts awesomely sunny and then rainy. Didn't stop us though - our group had a big table of food...lasagna, prime rib, turkey, mac n cheese, stuffing, salad etc. I was rocking a big ol' food baby that afternoon! Went to the neighbors house for dinner and then passed out full and happy. The Man and I didn't exchange gifts so no report on that front (although he bought me a Pats jersey a few months back..I guess that counts. I gave him my undying love, it was on special).

- I worked day after Christmas and that weekend I think we just hung around and did the regular stuff.

- The following Tuesday we hit Jost Van Dyke for some Soggy Dollar bar fun. If you've never been White Bay beach is absolutely awesome. Unfortunately for me I was tipsy on mimosas and managed to trip over a concrete slab resulting in (another!) a bleeding knee and a scraped/ripped toenail. Fortunately for me the toenail is growing back just fine and the knee scab is almost gone.

- I worked the rest of the week and had some really busy days. I do enjoy the waitressing, but I should invest in some more sneakers - lately the dogs been barkin' know what I'm sayin?

- We spent New Years Eve in town - there was an 80's band, DJ and finally Toots and the Maytals, a sweet reggae band. It was a picture perfect night, and like always I managed to cry at midnight! Sap.

- I worked New Years Eve day and New Years Day...and that Friday, so I was pretty freakin' tired that weekend, which we spent hanging around. We beached it Sunday.

- I've been working four day weeks so my recent week has been a blur of serving burgers and coming home and watching random TV.

- Today we are relaxing at the house with one major pain-in-the-ass task at hand - cleaning the bird cages. AH! We had them outside and the birds loved it, but the cages didn't, they are rustballs. Put that together with the salt spray and little bird is pretty much using his cage as a big salt lick. I'm pretty sure rust isn't a suggested part of his diet, so out to the deck I'm about to go with a sponge and a beer.

- After that it's playoff football. No Patriots this year :( so I think we're backing the Titans. I DEFINITELY need the Giants to be knocked out, can't watch them win another one. Oh no.

I'll be around to see how ya'll are doing - I do miss my little blog 'hood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't throw any blogging stones. I just posted my first blog of the year myself. Glad to hear you had a good holiday, but what's with the tripping?? That's the kinda thing I do so well.

I hope you have a wondermous New Year!!