Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Don't Call Me

I don't call people anymore. I can't tell you the last time I had a conversation on the phone that lasted more than 5 minutes. My old co-worker and I used to get on the phone during our 20 minute drives home to gossip and bitch about our day...those were the my last and longest conversations.

It's all about email for me, which is perfect for people who spend as much time by their computer as I do. But what if you don't?

Texting, baby, it's the new email. Short, sweet and to the point...and instant! "We're at the movies" POW! "We're 2 mins away, get me popcorn" POW! Everything you need to know, in about 10 words.

It's near impossible to imagine how we all survived when there were no cell phones, and you're waiting at the movies, the mall or the freakin' RollerMagic skating rink for your friends....and all you can do is wait. Maybe you find a payphone, drop your dime and call their house, "Hi Mrs. Ford, did Vanessa leave yet? She did? Okay. Bye." ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Of course if you're not into texting, emailing and you realize I'm not answering my phone then please feel free to write on my Facebook Wall...or comment here. God forbid there's human interaction or *gasp* actual talking...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a "text"er. My hubby is though. I guess one of these days I need to move into this century and get with the program huh?

Hope you are having a great week!!