Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Birthday Wish

To the guy that gave me my italian spirit, my green eyes, my cleft chin, my love of Star Wars, my driving lessons, my piano-talent, a coach for my soccer team, the best childhood memories, my over-analyzation, some wacky card tricks, permission to burp at the dinner table even when mom gave him 'that look', my night-owledness, my need for glasses, my impatience, my love for potato chips, my first real job at the bank where he also worked, rides to school in the winter, directions on how to build the perfect 'jump' on the sledding hill that would simultaneously shoot us into the air yet keep us from huge injury, pennies to put on the train tracks to see how flat they got when the train ran over them behind our vacation cottage in Cape Cod, lessons on boys and why they act so stupid, constant reminders to 'wear your seatbelt please!', tips on my 401K, knowledge of how to check my oil, countless conversations on how to construct my resume and interview properly, a ride when I got drunk for the very first time and told him I was 'sick' and needed to come home, reminders that I was pretty and strong and capable, some of the best sandcastles you've ever seen,

To the guy that gave me away on my wedding day -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

69 years young :)

See you tonight, and yes, I'm bringing pastries!

No comments: