Saturday, October 04, 2008

It's Saturday

I'm realizing that we have been up until the wee hours of the morning for the past 3 nights.

-Wednesday we went to the Cape to celebrate my Dad's birthday and watched the Red Sox beat the Angels - game ended after 1AM.
-Thursday we all watched the debate together then stayed up having our own debate about the ecomony and upcoming election...we ran our mouths until almost 2AM.
-Friday we went to a wedding with family and friends, got home a little after 11 and watched the rest of the very exciting Red Sox game until - you guessed it- 1:30.

Dude. I'm 34, these late nights are killing me. We have one more left - a surprise 40th birthday party being held tonight at a restaurant. There will be a DJ - which means drinks and dancing. My feet are already sore from last night which means I'll have to wear smaller heels if I expect to make it through the night :)

We left the Cape around 1pm today, stopped on the road for lunch, and got home around 3:30. The Man is taking a nap, I greeted and fed the birds and hopped on the computer...and now I'm headed to the shower to pretty myself up.

Tomorrow the Man and I have a date with our 5yr old nephew - taking him out to lunch and to the Chihuahua movie...then back home to his folks. We will both then be spending the rest of the day/night on the couch as the Patriots play at 4:15, and the Red Sox are on at 7.

I'll never complain about being busy though, don't get me wrong :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're just a baby at 34!! I've got 20 years on you and let me tell you, late nights are for SURE a thing of the past for the most part.

It sounds like your late nights have been for FUN things though, so well worth being a little tired the next day!

Hugs!