Monday, August 18, 2008

Congratulations to Michael Phelps!

The guy is an insane athlete, and hopefully we'll see him in a few more Olympics. Very exciting stuff he gave us.

Now, a note to NBC: ENOUGH WITH PHELPS!!

Holy fuck, I'm all set. ALL SET!!! A MILLION replays of nonsense...how many times can I watch water fall out of his goggles. Are you kidding me? Stop! We all saw the races, and yes, that includes the close ending of the men's relay - so you can stop replaying it. We've seen his mother's shocked face, so we're good with that. I'm all set with the blonde chick that interviews him everytime he steps out of the pool, do us all a favor and take her out back. She has nothing new to ask him, and it's just pure annoyance. And really, if you show me a picture ONE MORE TIME of how Cavic's hands didn't reach before Phelps I will board a plane, fly to Beijing and strangle all of you - Costas, Collinsworth, Rowdy Gaines...gone. Done.

Please realize we're living in a world where YouTube, Tivo, VCR's, DVR's rule. I can watch and re-watch anything I want to, as many times as I want to, without your help.

Let's let Phelps rest, and maybe, just maybe you might hunt down one of the seven Virgin Island's athletes that are also competing in the games and show me some coverage on them. 'kay? Thanks.

1 comment:

Ami said...

At least you don't live in MD, where we'll be hearing about Michael's every. single. move. for the next decade. "Hometown hero", "Maryland's Olympic Star", blah, blah.

He's not even back and they're already planning events and snooping into his "plans for the future."

Yeesh!