Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ooh. A Photo Post.

Picture time :)

Quick note, the camera on my phone sucks - which irks me because I have a really good phone. Maybe it just sucks for concert shots, which is what I've been using it for lately. Either way here's a quick photo breakdown of our most recent concerts (we LOVE concerts).

A couple of weeks ago we went to see Boston and Styx, this was a last minute buy - the arena is a few towns over. The blurry pic on the right was Boston taking the stage.



Random note from this concert - we observed what must be the MOST annoying tailgate activity ever. This kid, tailgating with a buddy and their dads, was playing his guitar. The annoying part was that they brought his AMP along so that EVERYONE could hear him play what few parts he knew from Boston songs OVER AND OVER. Seriously? I wish we had known, but by the time we were directed to our parking spot by the employees it was too late. We pulled out our chairs, I opened up my four-beer cooler (Bud Light Lime thankyouverymuch), and we sat and glared at the wanna-be rockstar. Lucky for us, just as I was working on a plan to run over and 'trip' over his amp, it started to rain, and he was forced to stop. Yay! The concert rocked, by the way. All concerts rock, who doesn't love live music?

Last week we pulled out our 80's card for a concert in Boston. I got wasted. WASTED. Rookie move. But I remember everything (I started blacking out at the restaurant afterwards during late night eats), and as is my way lately I continued the trend of injuring myself after many drinks and I ended up with a bruise the size of an large grapefruit on my left thigh. I believe it was when I fell off my concert chair while trying to get a better view of Bret Michaels. Oops.

Here's my 24 oz Stella (my fifth/sixth beer, I ended up downing 11. Who do I think I am? Pity my husband that night...), and me in front of the stage. We had AWESOME seats.


First up, Sebastian Bach - who ROCKED OUT! He was awesome, and this is the best pic I could get - him as a stark white ghost on the stage. I tried every setting on the camera - and I was buzzing, what else do you want from me?

Then Dokken, who seemed old and tired, but still rocked their best:

And finally, my boys - POISON!! WOOO!!! It's pretty apparent that my beer intake is ruining my picture-taking ability :)



Let's just say I haven't had a beer since that night - and I don't plan on drinking until next week - when we see Journey/Cheap Trick/Heart. You know what that means - more crappy pictures of blurry performers!! (high five)
How about some more pictures?

We booze cruised last weekend, out of Bahston Hahbah (definition: Boston Harbor). We went to see Hypercane, a kick-ass, hard rock band that plays all around MA. Here's the group waiting to board:

I took a moment to snap some pics of the gloomy day:

We boarded, got some drinks, and took a seat. With this small room and low ceiling I was prepared for an ear-piercing sound.


Hypercane played three sets, and when they began their first the Man and I looked at each other and I was shocked at how LOUD the singer's mike was. Shit. Beyond piercing. My ears numbed it out pretty fast, and they had corrected the sound by the second set, but I'm pretty sure we all came out of there with less hearing than we entered with. Eh, it's all in the name of rock, right?
Here's some shots of the crowd:

Our little crew on the boat between sets (the Man is in the green t-shirt):


More shots from the last set...by this time the crowd (and the band) were buzzing pretty good. The boat took some good rocks back and forth and it was funny watching people try to keep their balance. We squished ourselves right up in front, and I shoved my camera in the singer's face:

Then I joined him on the stage:

...and then it was over. With our ears ringing I snapped a picture of the aftermath:


...and away we went...leaving some lingering fans to party on the boat. It's possible they didn't realize we were docked...?



I'll tell you what, it will be nice to get back to the island - too much partying up here for this chick. I be old ya know :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, thank god. I was feeling a real rock deficiency here lately, but now the meter's back up to Full.

Rock. On.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! You be so old....NOT!! It's just that too many beers will make you feel old.

Glad you had a great time rockin' out.

Eclipse75048 said...

I guess this explains why there weren't any posts on the Spaces site!

I just got my Bret Michaels tickets in the mail yesterday. Laurie and I are taking Evan to see him at Billy Bob's. I'm amused that he's totally into hair metal right now. *Sniff* That's my boy!

Eclipse75048 said...

"Cider House Jewels" is a good one. Well played...