Friday, August 01, 2008

People Magazine Wastes 14 Million

So, today we heard that People is shelling out FOURTEEN MILLION BUCKS for the Brangelina twins.

What a phenomenal waste of money, and what a sad day for our country. It's unreal what that amount of money could do for people in need, yet they're tossing it at a couple because they had twins.

The funny thing is the minute that mag hits the stands the pictures will be copied and pasted all over the internet, by every site imaginable. Like this one. For FREE :)

This rant goes out to all of them...People, US Weekly, OK!, etc. And yes, I used to subscribe to all three but I let the subscriptions run out when I got sick of reading the same bubbly nonsense. I'll stick to my free (and trashy) celeb sites on the 'net! And no, I don't want to hear that I'm part of the problem because I used to continuously check TMZ to see if Britney kicked the bucket, or ran over her mother or dropped her kid in the pool...(and yes, I'm sort of sad that circus ended). If TMZ charged to belong I'd stop going there.

As far as Brangie goes I'll give them credit, whether or not they bargained the price I know they're giving it all to charity, so in the end it's really a win.

But seriously, 14 mill? For two wrinkly newborns who will look like wrinkly newborns*?

*no offense to those with babes, but you know what I mean...right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the price for the pictures is outrageous too. I suppose that since the money will be donated to their charity they kind of get a pass. I also used to have a subscription to People but the prices just got ridiculous. Ya think that shelling out so much mooolah for pictures like these had ANYthing to do with that? Naahhh.

Have a great week my friend. Oh. As soon as I can get the time I am going to post pics of the new "do"!