Monday, November 03, 2008

I write. How well is the question.

I kept a diary when I was young...unfortunately I lost track of it and have no idea where it is, but I only kept it for about a year, and I can only imagine what kiddie nonsense I wrote in it. I'm sure I'm mentioned my annoying little brother.

In 7th grade I wrote an 18 page paper for my English class. I'm sure the assignment called for 5-ish pages, but the story I thought up demanded many more pages. The end of the world was coming and the human race was in danger. To save ourselves we had to get shots that would change us from humans into animals. I turned into a black panther; I forget what my family became. It was quite the tale.

After college I moved to Boston, met a boy, dated him for a couple of years before we broke up. To get over it I bought a journal and started writing in it to get my thoughts out and clear my head. I jotted a handful of entries in there over the next few months before meeting my now-husband, and then the journal starting collecting dust.

And then came Blogging. Oh my! I love blogging! It's fun to write about my boring/exciting daily life while getting to read about other people and their boring/exciting daily lives. I started on Spaces, then switched to Blogger - this is my second 'home' on Blogger. This past year the Man and I started St. Thomas Blog (.com) where I blog pretty much every day about everything 'island'.

I've now added NaBloPoMo which is where you agree to blog every day in the month of November. Sounds good to me!

I've also added NaNoWriMo which is the same idea as the daily blogging except it's all about daily writing with a goal of 50,000 words by November 30. I'm famous for telling people that I'm going to write a book, but I've yet to start. The NaNoWriMo asks that you simply write. No editing, no over-thinking...just pure words on paper (or laptop). At the end of the month you can look back at what you've written and who knows, you just might have something there.

Anything else out there? I work well with deadlines.

1 comment:

nejyerf said...

i can't believe you are going to do both!

you are my hero