Tuesday, November 04, 2008

We voted today

There were no lines at our polls, but we're in suburb-world, and most people here vote on their way to/from work. We went around 1, waltzed in, did our thing and waltzed back out again. I did feel very American, and I felt like I was a part of something big - but I will be SO happy when it's all over. Will I like the outcome? I have a feeling 'no', but at least we won't have to listen to anymore 'this is who you should vote for' crap from the media.

Instead we'll be listening to 'what's this guy really going to do for us' crap.

In 7 days we'll be back in St. Thomas. In case anyone is interested. I know what you're thinking, "That was a hell of a segue there Nicci!"

1 comment:

G Love said...

You should have left a few weeks ago. Then you could have skipped all this media circus! (And voted absentee, of course! We may cancel each other out, but I still say Rock the Vote, to all of us!)

My very favorite presidential election of my adult life was the messy one in 2000. Because I was in Australia at the time, and heard nothing about it.