Thursday, September 04, 2008

My favorite time of year


Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!?!?!???!


I AM! WOOO!!!!!!!!! If my world was perfect the Patriots would be opening the season by playing tonight, but instead it's the crap Giants playing the even crappier Redskins. You bet your bra I'm rooting against the Giants...let's be real - they have as much a chance of reaching the playoffs as I do growing a cup size by Sunday.


You say they'll reach? I'll bet you another cup size my Pats destroy them this time. But enough about the past...let's focus.


If you're any sort of football fan then you've probably frowned at the soft schedule facing the Pats this year. You can blame half of that on our crap division...Miami sucks, the Bills suck and don't even get me started on Favre QB'ing the Jets. He may be a living legend, but he ain't bringing no ring to Gang Green. Got it?


I'm not looking for a perfect season this year but I am looking for a lot of W's. Beat the Colts. Beat the Steelers. Crush the Chargers again...and again. It's too bad we don't meet Dallas or the Giants during the regular season...


At the moment the Giants are leading the Skins 13-0 with under 10 to go in the 2nd. I'm happy to have the sounds of football flowing from the TV...but Sunday is the day that matters - my Pats kickoff at 1pm against the Chiefs. Um, yeah, the Chiefs. After that we'll check out Dallas, who plays at 4 - and then a big Colts/Bears showdown for the late game.


So, football is here, but that doesn't mean I turn my back on my Red Sox. They're gaining on the first place Rays - and with 6 Sox/Rays games to go this division is heating up. How lovely that my Sox should reach the post season again, with a chance for back-to-back World Series wins while the Yankees ROT! SUCKERS!!


Okay. I'm out.

No comments: