Friday, September 12, 2008

What was that?!

This past Tuesday night we were watching TV when we suddenly heard a sound...a loud-ish, sharp quick sound as if something had crashed to the floor, or a door slammed. Something. We paused our show and went on the hunt. I went upstairs to the bird's room to see if something was amiss up there...it's not unusual for our Grey bird to pry his door open, jump out and get into mischief. On this night the birds were mischief-free; as I walked in they all looked at me from behind their cage doors. I tossed them some peanuts and walked into our bedroom - where everything was where it should be.

Meanwhile the Man was downstairs in the kitchen to see if a plate had slipped in the sink or something, but nope, no problems there. I checked in the basement...no problems there.

We got back on the couch and continued watching TV.

A couple of hours later the Man was upstairs and asked me to bring him a up a diet Coke on my way up. I opened the fridge and pulled one out from the back of the second shelf of the fridge. As I moved the can a rush of brown chunky ice fell to the bottom shelf. WTF? I looked to where it had fallen, and then I looked on the top shelf and saw a can of diet Coke that had split open. Apparently the very back of the fridge gets ice cold, and when this soda froze it popped the can and spilled ice everywhere.

And yes, that was the sound we heard.

Oh, and yes again, the crumbled ice is still in the fridge. As long as it's frozen I've decided I'm un-concerned about it. I mean really, it's all the way in the back, I'd have to move everything....eh.

No comments: