Sunday, September 07, 2008

Things that make you go FUCK

You can file this picture under 'Things you don't want to see'.


First on that list? Your reigning NFL MVP, three-ring-winning, perfect-season engineering, starting quarterback being helped up from the ground.

Second on that list? A replay of the injury, showing his knee going in a direction it was never meant to go.

Third on that list? Matt Cassel, coming in to play. Everyone say 'Hi Matt'!


I wonder how many calls have been made to Culpepper this afternoon...

Brady's injury, whatever it is, most likely means he won't be returning anytime soon, if at all, meaning most things I was looking forward to this season are now in limbo. Like...oh...the playoffs. Like the always-stressful regular season meeting with the Colts. Like the Pats/Jets game. The Pats/Chargers game. Did I mention the playoffs?

The Pats have a pretty soft schedule this year, and it was a team effort to go 18-0, so no, I'm not writing them off that easy. But let's be honest...Tom Brady is Tom Brady.

I still have a few things to keep me entertained though...let's start with hoping the Giants do NOT make the playoffs. I hope the Chargers make the playoffs and have another heartbreaking loss - hopefully the Colts can beat them this year. Speaking of the Colts I don't want Peyton rocking another ring - so until the Pats are figured out I'll pick the Cowboys to hoist the trophy on Feb 1.

At the moment I'm continuing with my lazy football Sunday. Latah!

4 comments:

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Hey chick!!

Of course, I am back!!

And, yes, I did see TB go down and I thought of you but I had to LOL a bit. Although I wasn't going to run over here and say something!!

I'm glad to be back :). Sundays are great for bloggin!! At least the boys still pulled it out.

Now....just waiting for the Colts. BOOYA. GO BLUE.

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Hey chick!!

Of course, I am back!!

And, yes, I did see TB go down and I thought of you but I had to LOL a bit. Although I wasn't going to run over here and say something!!

I'm glad to be back :). Sundays are great for bloggin!! At least the boys still pulled it out.

Now....just waiting for the Colts. BOOYA. GO BLUE.

Beach Bum Marcie said...

I'm not sure why that posted twice. Odd.

nejyerf said...

i want you to know that we were not rejoicing at the injury to tom brady.

and truly i did think of what njaney would be thinking right now.

i WAS however rejoicing in the mediocre performance that peyton manning gave. in all honesty, both of these guys should have been on the practice field more this pre-season.

what are you thoughts about chris simms?

i had a really good football dream the other night that i must post. it involves ron jaworski. you should know that i simply cannot stand ron jaworski!!