Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Completely tragic.

We came home from Maine yesterday afternoon, and for the next hours I was absorbed in my laptop as I didn't have it with me all weekend...and I ran across the just-happened story of Catherine and Ben Mullany.

You can read it here, here and more here - but let me give you a quick summary:

*******************************************************

They got married on July 12, in England, both 31. Two days after their marriage they flew to Antigua for a two-week honeymoon. On their last night of vacation, just a day or two ago, around 5am, a person - or persons - broke into their resort room and shot both of them in a botched robbery attempt. She died instantly from a shot to the head, he was shot in the neck and is hospitalized. Today they're saying the bullet traveled and lodged in his brain and he's showing no brain activity.

*******************************************************

Can you stand how absolutely sad this story is? So sad, so disgusting, so scary. It's a fucking nightmare. I just feel for their stunned families.

Of course once I read this story I lost myself in the Googled world of other horrific things that have happened to tourists in the Caribbean. This is the crap that sits in my head all day.

No comments: