Thursday, July 17, 2008

Couch surfer

Happy morning!

It's 7AM, and I just spent another restless night on the couch, watching TV and dozing. No, the Man and I aren't fighting - I'm dealing with some new insomnia issue. Fun. I need to work on ways to settle the mind before bedtime. The first thing? I need to lay off the freakin' computer. Once it's dinnertime I'm putting the internet away for the night. The second thing? Wine, but we'll see how the computer thing works first.

At the moment I'm up early with my morning drink and eating routine - mug of coffee, small glass of OJ and a Kashi bar. After I ingest all of this I need to: empty the dishwasher, fill it back up, clean and fill the birds food dishes and deliver breakfast to them, empty the dryer and fold those clothes, take a quick shower, paint my toenails, pack a small bag-for-the-day, grab my camera and get into the car. My friend/husband/two toddler daughters are on the Cape this week, and I'm buzzing out to spend the day with them. They're all the way at the Cape's tip, a couple hour's drive...but with the top down on my Cooper and Poison blasting from the radio I'm sure it will fly by!

The Mini is the only car we've been driving this summer, it gets fantastic gas mileage. Our other car? Not so much. It's an FJ Cruiser, which we love, but at 12 miles/gallon we're going to let it collect dust. Stupid gas.

By the time I get back tonight I hope to be exhausted from the driving, and I'm looking forward to some regular sleep. Got that sleepy-gods?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I have been dealing with insomnia issues for about the last year. I hope yours is VERY temporary and that you are back to snoozin' well really soon.

A trip to the Cape in your mini?? Sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great time!

BBB

Betsy said...

I swear there is something about summer and not being able to sleep. Last summer I would lay awake night after night unable to sleep. Fall winter much better and now this summer I'm back to my old ways. Who knows.

Hope you enjoyed your day on the cape. I'll admit it...I'm jealous!

April Ziegler said...

Oh no, I hope tonight is better for you. The hubs always tells me that the computer light is bad for you right before bed. Apparently he read this somewhere, though I always thought he was trying to con me away from the internet =)