Friday, July 04, 2008

What is up, people!

So, you know, Happy Fourth y'all. Woo!

I'm home, watching the Boston nonsense...all sorts of music, people and one of the best fireworks displays you'll ever see. I've made the trip into town to see the celebration roughly three times, and definitely recommend to any who might be thinking about it. At the moment they're playing the 1812 - and as a person who grew up listening to classical, I have to say I love this piece.

At the moment I'm on the computer (no shit, really?!), watching the orchestra on the tube while sucking down a 'rita. Yum :) We're in Day Three of hernia surgery recovery, and while I'm pleased to announce the Man feels better today, he's still a ways off from top form. You really don't realize how often you use the muscles in your stomach until someone digs in there with a knife, and then stitches you up. And then you realize. Oh sure, the obvious things...like situps and excercising are out...but we're talking the little things, like clearing your throat. And sitting up. And laughing.

And trying to yell out your wife's name when she's ignorantly sitting downstairs even though you need assistance and although you've texted her as was the plan for help-notification she still hasn't answered and finally you have to hobble to the top of the stairs and loudly whisper her name until she finally hears you and sheepishly admits oh, my phone was turned all the way down and I didn't realize...

Oops. My bad.

So, I hoe you all have enjoyed your July 4 celebrations, whether you went out in big fashion, or hung out small time. Tomorrow I'll have to get this here blog pimped out a little, and then travel out to cyberspace to let you all know I've returned, as most of you (namely Triple B and Jersey Jen) knew I would.

Cheers! (...as BH would say...)

No comments: