Monday, July 21, 2008

Raise Your Hand

If you think it's funny to put the ice tray back in the freezer with only 1 or 2 cubes left in it - just to hear the person that you live with pull it out and sigh annoyingly as he pops the remaining cube out and slaps the empty tray on the counter before reaching for another tray.

Keep your hand up if you and your significant other then stubbornly leave the empty tray on the counter for a day or two, refusing to fill it...

...until someone relents and just does it already. That person is usually me. Is that person you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably. We have an ice maker so it's not an issue. However, hubby's cereal bowl could sit for DAYS and not be rinsed and put in the dishwasher. Every morning he sits it on the counter after eating. When he comes home in the evening it has "magically" been rinsed out and put in the dishwasher. Are women the only ones who immediately rinse off our dishes and put them in the dishwasher? Just wondering. Maybe it's just me being anal! ;)

34 Years said...

Triple B - I can't say I always rinse my dishes out. My dinner dish from last night is still on the coffee table, with my empty dessert-yogurt container on top of it. Oops :)

I do the dishes every morning though, so I'm on it.

Anonymous said...

The hub spends more time at home than I do. So we do the stubborn I'm-not-filling-the-ice-trays thing, but I usually win. And he often does most of the dishes. I work all day to support us and make dinner and do laundry, those are my contributions. BUT. I think he believes in the pot-scrubbing fairy. He will do all dishes that go in the dishwasher, but any handwashing or any pots that need scrubbing will sit in a sink full of water until Kingdom come, or I wash them, whichever comes first.