Friday, July 11, 2008

Wee ones.

Babies.

All over the place.

Nicole Kidman and Keith had a baby girl. Hottie McConaughey and what's-her-name-who-cares-she's-banging-hottie had a boy. Britney's sister popped one out. Moody Jessica Alba dropped. The world is holding it's breath for Brad and Angelina's twins, snore.

Finally, Pregnant Man gives birth.

On that last one - am I the only person who's less than 'amazed' at this story? We have a chick who got rid of her breastesess, but kept the main plumbing. He/she testosteroned up, grew some facial fuzz, and no doubt got some manly-man in his/her voice. There's no mention of an added penis, it only states he/she underwent a gender-change. The wife of five years had a hysterectomy so Thomas, our new dad/mom, was inseminated to carry their child. Ta da! The world's first Pregnant Man.

The media has enjoyed the circus-freakshowness about it all, when really, it's just nature taking it's course, albeit it with man-cut jeans and a mustache. Right?

I know, I'm a brat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you. I was so annoyed by the whole thing. And, wouldn't all the hormones mess up the wee one? Just guessing here . . .

Anonymous said...

I wondered if anyone else caught the little blip that he/she had had the baby. It is truly a STRANGE, strange world we live in. I won't even let myself think what may be possible when my grandchildren are adults. Just can't do it.

I hope you are having a loverly weekend, my friend.

Again, it is SO good to have you back posting!!

Hugs!

BBB

Ami said...

I'm with you about the pregnant man thing. I mean, my first thought when I heard about this was (and this would probably piss off transsexuals all over the world), "If he still has female reproductive organs is he really a man? And why are we making a big deal about this? He has a uterus after all..."

Anonymous said...

So.....the media frenzy begins!! A boy and a girl. And how about the boy's name. Poor guy!! Why do these stars have to stick their kids with such names. The little girl's name is lovely.

My weekend has definitely improved since Friday!!

BBB